Punny polish - Diamond's top 10 nail varnish names
There are so many colours of nail varnish on the market, but there are only so many shades of red available, so how do you go about naming your polish?
At Diamond, we love the companies who've ditched the conventional 'ruby reds' and 'pretty pinks' and gone for a pun-tastic name instead.
Here's our top 10:
- Purple Reign - Rimmel London
- Jamaica Me Crazy - Essie
- Plum Up the Volume - Red Carpet Manicure
- I Just Can't Cope-acabana - OPI
- Orchid You Not - Cheeky Chat Me Up
- Red Carpet Reddy - Red Carpet manicure
- Don't Pretzel My Buttons - OPI
- I'mperfection - Illamasqua
- Teal the Cows Come Home - OPI
- Districtly Come Dancing - Rimmel London
We think, without a doubt, the king, or should we say queen, of 'punny' nail varnishes is OPI. Their whole catalogue is genius. Well done, OPI!
We also think naming nail varnishes all day sounds like a really fun job, so we decided to have a go. Here's what we came up with:
- Can't Get You Out of my Red
- Scarlet Church
- Taupe and Glory
- Yello' Kitty
Sadly, we don't think OPI will be calling us anytime soon...
Can you do better? What colour and name would you choose for a nail varnish? Tweet us: @DiamondforGirls.